You have been told men are from Mars and women are from Venus. But the truth is, the guy in your life is a lot more like you than you might think -- he just doesn't know how to tell you. You are about to find out the top five things he's secretly wishing you would start and stop doing right now.
- Be more romantic - Stop nagging him to be more romantic. He never buys you flowers or takes you out to dinner. You never stop telling him! He wishes you would appreciate the things he does do for you like those days he walks the dogs so you can sleep in or the fact he suffers through your romantic comedies when he's dying to see the hochey or the baseball game, or a movie with people running away from a chainsaw-wielding maniac.
- Accept him for who he is. You really like your guy, but his style, haircut and his football obsession makes you cringe. He is a really nice guy, so you keep dating him with the intention of influencing and changing him. Stop, stop trying to change him. It's normal for partners to influence one another, telling your guy to let go of ideas, opinions or the things he enjoys or cares about is controlling and disrespectful.
- Stop expecting him to always make the first moveand all the plans. Welcome to the 20th century ladies. You can not only manage corporation and run for president, you can make dinner reservations too. The truth is men love women with initiative. Men love women who know what they want and are not afraid to go after it. They also love knowing that a woman cares enough about them to make the effort and pull out all of the stops for a change.
- Trust him. While a little jealousy can keep a relationship fresh, there is nothing that can ruin a good time faster than a cold plate of distrust. Unless your guy is doing something to make you feel insecure or disrespected, cut him a little slack.
- Stop analyzing everything. I know you won't believe me, but men are pretty straightforward creatures. Stop trying to figure out what he means, what he's thinking. The answers is exactly what he said, work/sports/that funny YouTube video and honestly. Ever hear two men arguing and one of them saying "What did you mean by that?". Yeah, didn't think so.